Bespoke - What to Expect From the Experience
Posted on May 30 2018
What to Expect From the Bespoke Experience
A Truly Bespoke Experience
Bespoke is a word that has spiked in use in recent years, but applied to a variety of products and experiences. At Lingo Luxe Bespoke, we are proud to offer a true bespoke experience tailored to your needs. The essence of bespoke is a truly personal product made to your specifications rather than altered to fit. Nothing is made until you tell us what you are looking to create, choose your fabrics and design details.
We begin our bespoke process by understanding your style personality as well as your needs. By sitting down with us and giving us some of your style icons, inspirations or even sharing some of your most loved pieces will help us pick fabrics, cuts and colours that best suit your everyday needs as well as personal style. We can then suggest and build pieces for you, or simply walk you through the process and let you pick the details. Cuff and collar style, lapel style, cut, fabric, stitch type and thread colour are only a few of the customizations we offer to allow you to build a truly personal garment.
In our initial consultation we take series of measurements and fit notes to draft a personal pattern that will be stored for all future garments made with us. You are not assigned a size because your pattern is only used for your pieces. We choose to draft, cut and sew to the correct measurements rather than match you to a standard size and alter after the garment is constructed. This ensures the best possible fit, every time. When ordering a suit, we do a try on with the basted jacket to make any adjustments to the fit according to your preferences. Any corrections to your garments will also be made to your master pattern to reflect your preferences so every Lingo Luxe Bespoke garment is your custom fit.
Bespoke is a difference you can see in the final garments - not only in the special details like stitch colour or monogramming, but also in the fit and wear:
- Each Lingo Luxe Bespoke shirt has shrinkage calculated, meaning that through wash and wear, your shirt will fit better than it did freshly delivered.
- Our shirts have a split yoke, meaning the yoke is cut so the bias – the diagonal of the fabric with the most give – drapes over your shoulders giving you a closer fit.
- Our suit jackets are half or full canvas construction (your choice) to give your garment shape and stability as well as longevity.
We also offer support for our garments after purchase:
- Pegasus insurance is a service that purchases extra fabric which is stored in our workshop for clients who find their shirt elbows, collars or cuffs are prone to wearing due to the wear patterns of their daily routine.
- We offer repair services, tailoring and hemming for much-loved pieces and garments that need altered in the event of changes to the wearer’s body.