Your favorite dress-shirt can last a long time when it is made with good planning and care. You can slow down or completely prevent much of the normal discoloration and wear that can happen by taking simple preventative measures. At Lingoluxe / Andrew Frank we build resilience and toughness into every shirt we make. even the mostdelicate garments.
Cuffs and collars can get dirty from foreign substances such as oils from the wearers' skin or from makeup. When these absorb into collars they can cause natural fibers to discolor.
Elbows are a high-stress area for a shirt. We use the most resilient fabric available. When you purchase pegasus protection, we keep the extra fabric on file for your shirt in case of elbow wear.
How We Prevent Typical Shirt Issues
Many of our most loyal customers have come to us after bad experiences with garments, which have not been made to the Lingoluxe / Andrew Frank standard. These are some of the complaints we typically hear about competitors garments and a brief description of why they are rare occurrences with the shirts we make.
- Buttons don’t stay on - we prevent this issue by using high-quality, high-twist button thread and apply buttons properly.
- Elbows and high-stress areas wear out quickly - This is avoided when the right fabric is used. We help you choose appropriate fabrics from our library of high-quality materials. We choose only fabrics which are designed to hold their shape and hold up to normal wear. We source from high-quality manufacturers thatuse long-staple cotton to assure smooth, durable fabrics.
- Pattern/colors are hard to pair - We provide pairing suggestions, complementary schemes and coordinating ideas to maximize the versatility of that fabric you fell in love with.
- The shirt doesn’t fit as anticipated - We get this right every time because a personal pattern is drafted from your exact measurements. Making a perfect shirt is the best achieved by having a second fitting while the garment is being assembled. Your shirt will fit perfectly. We’re not done until you love the fit.
- Standard shirt cut doesn’t accommodate your frame or preferences - We design your shirt pattern based on your preferences from the consultation. We can design your shirt using a slim, trim or regular or with extra ease. We make the shirt you want with extra ease anywhere you like, depending on the range-of-motion required by you.
- We make sure you understand what you’re getting. We instruct on fabric choice, provide a mockup, styling advice and aftercare so the love-affair with your shirt lasts a long time.
- We’re not happy until you love your piece. We consult with you at progress-checkpoints, share mockups and compare our measurements and the garment in progress against your body to make sure we are still creating a garment exactly as you have envisioned.